SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

January 12, 2015

The only way is through fire.

Recently, I have been thinking of buying new computers for a special projects. And since I have been on the hunt for new ones, I constantly busted my head against the same price from different retailers.
No matter what I tried or where I went, the price stayed almost the same from the various retailers I went to. For weeks I had set an ideal price target on how much I wanted to spend but I came to conclude that there will only be one option: 'going through the offered prices that were offered to me'.

This short experience has reminded me that very often , in the pursuit of our goals, we tend to seek our own shortcuts. Very often, we will only walk the journey if the requirements are suitable to us.



Many of us want academic degrees, but not everybody wants to go through the gruel some three year journey requirement. Many young people dream of registering to college but not all them have the courage to stand in unending queues as a requirement for registration. Many want a job, but few are willing to go through CV rejection, disappointment, job hunts and the long interview processes.

Even Jesus was promised a great reward from God. But the requirement was heavy:' death at the cross' for a crime he did not commit. At the night of his arrest, he even asked God to remove that requirement away from Him. Just like many of us could do, we tend to ask God to remove certain life requirements from us...But the truth is: 'those requirements we wish to avoid are the only way to achieve sustainable and solid success.

Jesus understood that and took the violent 'wrap'...

I have news for you during this brand new year: 'if you want to achieve the dream you have set, you will have to embrace the requirements of the dream. No illegal shortcuts, no fake stuff, no laziness,you will have to go through fire or choose to stay unhappy until your own easy requirements show up (but they won't show up).

Here we are, a new year...make it different by embracing the requirements of your dream even if they are painful.