For the past few months, I have nurtured the idea of starting a business project.
But I have to admit, I have been paralyzed by sudden fears and pathetic excuses for not starting it. And one day, I met a middle age man, whom I have befriended and who happened to have a natural business acumen.
One day, during one of our conversations, he shared to me a business idea he had nurtured. While listening to him, I got curious about knowing exactly the nature of the special product he intended on selling...
After seconds of high expectations, he finally told me that he intended on selling: 'water'.
Hold on a second, 'did he say he was gonna sell water?'
Yes, he did. And even better, he rented out a commercial block in the city center at a very high cost, with the full belief that is enterprise would be successful.
After visiting his well established shop, something came up in my mind: 'if this man came up with the idea of selling water (bottled) and make something out of it, then what is stopping me from starting the business enterprise that I intend to establish?'
There will be times in life, where God will expose us to certain people in order to destroy the excuses justifying our failures and fears. There will be times where God will cross your path towards successful people whose circumstances and ideas seem less viable,less sophisticated and less fortunate than yours, but the goal behind the encounter is to stir something inside of you that says:
'If he/she did it, I can also do it. No more excuses.'
There are people with no arms and no legs in this world and yet they are able to make exploits while some of us with an entire functioning body , still complain about how unfair life is.
If you are feeling stuck, I pray that God cross your path with someone who seemed less fortunate than you but made it anyway.
If you think that your sophisticated idea can not launch, I pray that God crosses your path towards someone who had a much simpler idea than yours but had the guts to turn into a successful enterprise. You will definitely learn a thing or two...
Meeting those people will be the end of your excuses...
But I have to admit, I have been paralyzed by sudden fears and pathetic excuses for not starting it. And one day, I met a middle age man, whom I have befriended and who happened to have a natural business acumen.
One day, during one of our conversations, he shared to me a business idea he had nurtured. While listening to him, I got curious about knowing exactly the nature of the special product he intended on selling...
After seconds of high expectations, he finally told me that he intended on selling: 'water'.
Hold on a second, 'did he say he was gonna sell water?'
Yes, he did. And even better, he rented out a commercial block in the city center at a very high cost, with the full belief that is enterprise would be successful.
After visiting his well established shop, something came up in my mind: 'if this man came up with the idea of selling water (bottled) and make something out of it, then what is stopping me from starting the business enterprise that I intend to establish?'
There will be times in life, where God will expose us to certain people in order to destroy the excuses justifying our failures and fears. There will be times where God will cross your path towards successful people whose circumstances and ideas seem less viable,less sophisticated and less fortunate than yours, but the goal behind the encounter is to stir something inside of you that says:
'If he/she did it, I can also do it. No more excuses.'
There are people with no arms and no legs in this world and yet they are able to make exploits while some of us with an entire functioning body , still complain about how unfair life is.
If you are feeling stuck, I pray that God cross your path with someone who seemed less fortunate than you but made it anyway.
If you think that your sophisticated idea can not launch, I pray that God crosses your path towards someone who had a much simpler idea than yours but had the guts to turn into a successful enterprise. You will definitely learn a thing or two...
Meeting those people will be the end of your excuses...

