When I was younger,
I have been the target of rejection several times.
Few people believed in me, or in my dreams.
Most of them said things like:
'You are too old, too late, too unrealistic, too inadequate, never good enough...'
I have tasted rejection , done it all, and even got the T-shirt.
And in all my tribulations, I only needed one person to believe in me...Sometimes when all doors close and when the world turns its back, we desperately need one person to believe in us, in our ability to love, to do the job, to accomplish that dream...
I am okay now, those days are long gone in my past...
I still remember that night where I had a chat with one my former youth pastor and he told me one thing I will never forget:
'Those things are happening to you so that you will learn not to reject people who try their best, but instead you will be filled with compassion towards them and believe in them.'
Jesus Himself was rejected and crucified to death ...He knows what you are feeling right now.
During my tough years of rejection, I desperately sought for one person to believe in me...
So these words are for you and I hope they will help:
- You tried to find a partner and you bust your head against rejection...But I believe that you can love.
-You tried to get a job but instead your application was turned down...But I believe you can do the job.
-You tried to get onstage during an audition but the judge told you that you don't make the cut...guess what, I believe in you, one day you will find your audience. Believe me on that...
-You tried to get into the team but the coach kept reminding you of your shortcomings...but I believe you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you and gives you the ability to make it happen.
-You even heard someone says that 'you are good for nothing'. It actually hurts more when it comes from a relative...People told me that several times...But I believe in you.
You prayed on your knees and you asked God to send someone who will believe in you. Your day has come, your prayer has been heard, God sent me to tell you that:
You can do the job.
You can love and you can be loved.
You can get on stage and make your mark.
There is a team of people who needs you on board.
Don't just give up yet because you have a fan in heaven: God.
Don't give up yet, you have a fan on Earth: Me.
And as you know what rejection tastes like, you too, believe in somebody.
Join me on my facebook page: Maurice Kande.
I have been the target of rejection several times.
Few people believed in me, or in my dreams.
Most of them said things like:
'You are too old, too late, too unrealistic, too inadequate, never good enough...'
I have tasted rejection , done it all, and even got the T-shirt.
And in all my tribulations, I only needed one person to believe in me...Sometimes when all doors close and when the world turns its back, we desperately need one person to believe in us, in our ability to love, to do the job, to accomplish that dream...
I am okay now, those days are long gone in my past...
I still remember that night where I had a chat with one my former youth pastor and he told me one thing I will never forget:
'Those things are happening to you so that you will learn not to reject people who try their best, but instead you will be filled with compassion towards them and believe in them.'
Jesus Himself was rejected and crucified to death ...He knows what you are feeling right now.
During my tough years of rejection, I desperately sought for one person to believe in me...
So these words are for you and I hope they will help:
- You tried to find a partner and you bust your head against rejection...But I believe that you can love.
-You tried to get a job but instead your application was turned down...But I believe you can do the job.
-You tried to get onstage during an audition but the judge told you that you don't make the cut...guess what, I believe in you, one day you will find your audience. Believe me on that...
-You tried to get into the team but the coach kept reminding you of your shortcomings...but I believe you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you and gives you the ability to make it happen.
-You even heard someone says that 'you are good for nothing'. It actually hurts more when it comes from a relative...People told me that several times...But I believe in you.
You prayed on your knees and you asked God to send someone who will believe in you. Your day has come, your prayer has been heard, God sent me to tell you that:
You can do the job.
You can love and you can be loved.
You can get on stage and make your mark.
There is a team of people who needs you on board.
Don't just give up yet because you have a fan in heaven: God.
Don't give up yet, you have a fan on Earth: Me.
And as you know what rejection tastes like, you too, believe in somebody.
Join me on my facebook page: Maurice Kande.
