SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 7, 2012

SAY 'YES' MORE OFTEN

 Hi everyone,

About a month ago, I recently celebrated my birthday and some very important thoughts came in my mind: 'What have I done right? what did I miss? What am I still looking for? What are my hopes? Did I reach most of my targets?

Questions related to my Life, my purpose, my dreams came back haunting me for a while...Anyway, I learned that the past does not exist anymore, what matters most is the present and how it will affect the future. I am not saying that the past is not important; we should constantly learn from it, and draw  larger amount of wisdom as the years go on. One beautiful lesson of wisdom I have absorbed through my past is the ability and the willingness to say 'YES'.

'YES' is a very powerful and life changing word  for all situations, whether negative or positive. You don't have to say yes to anything. Reason and Faith help us to control the moderate use of this word. This is why good people stand against  evil in society through protests against infuriating social issues , by saying No.  There are so may things and people to which and to whom we should say No, otherwise they could destroy our lives, our morals, our families, our jobs, our Nations and so on....

But Let's not be fooled, there are a lot of  awesome , praise worthy things and people we should constantly say 'YES' to.

And I think , just like many other people would admit, that Life could explode to a much higher level of fulfillment if we could learn to say 'YES' more often.

I mean  saying YES to praise worthy things.

My Heart is busy contemplating pictures (through photographic memory) of people (including myself) who had said 'NO' to praise worthy situations sent by God in our lives. Those praise worthy blessings could have uplifted lives of many including yourself.

Have you ever said 'NO':  to a promotion?
                                        to a great friendship?
                                        to a legal and lucrative business deal?
                                        to an opportunity to help a needy when you could?
                                        to help when you really needed it?
                                        to a job that could change the quality of your Life?
                                        to a due obedience? ( which later costed you a lot)
                                        to God?
                                        to....
                                        



 Well, you have your reasons, just like I also had mine. We are all free to say NO. But let's not be stupid ;some NOs have no space in our lives and should be crowded out. Remember as well that there are many ways of saying NO; you might not say it but your attitude plainly screams it. 

Here are some of the reasons why most enjoy saying NO to praiseworthy blessings sent by God, and maybe, some of you will relate to it:

-FEAR:  we constantly fear the unknown , the unplanned or the difference and therefore tend to mistrust it. When some people or things don't fit in our way of how the world or Life should be, we freak out and run away  from it ( which means NO).

-TRADITIONAL BELIEF:  that stands against blessings and refuses to open your arms out of fear of losing a cherished item. In other words some people simply refuse to say YES to promotions, salary increase, great friendship, Love ...because they believe that if they do, they would lose on some cherished items such as personal dreams or an inner belief. As an example, I knew people who refused to be promoted at their workplace for fear of becoming snob, losing friendship with their colleagues, getting rich. On the other side they forget how beneficial it could have been for their direct families  And by so doing, they remained at the bottom within their workplace for over 30 years doing the same thing again and again...simply because they believe that is noble to be simple. But what would have happened if being promoted could have earned you more money , not only for you but for you family  you children's tertiary tuition...stop being SELFISH,  intend to be more by saying 'YES' and offer greater possibilities to your loved ones.

I have also met some people who said NO ( with great joy) to praise worthy people and things because they feared losing a dream. And on top of that, they thought they were 'Heroes'. I have a question for you: 'What if that unplanned surprise could speed your dream fulfillment?' Have you ever thought of that.


The Bible clearly says : 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.' (Isaiah 55:9)

It's good to say 'NO'. 
And You might have a goal, a God given dream to attain and fulfill.
But God will lead you to the end result through His Way manifested into   surprises ( sometimes unpleasant) and to which we have to say 'YES' to.
Just place your Trust in God who will lead you through the unknown and unplanned.
By constantly saying NO, you are fighting God's given dreams fulfillment in your Life.
All those great things are meant to speed up the  realization of God given dreams.
Dreams  you hold for yourself but also for other people (family, friends, your society...) you were called to bless, so that one day your Life story conclusion will turn from 'I' to 'WE'.

All you have to do is to say : ' YES'.



God Bless you.

Maurice.



Related posts You might also Like: 'Do you know how to receive?'


TAKE ACTION NOW, say 'yes' and choose to change your life by entering  your email address and receive my weekly updates
Enter your email address:(Please do not forget to activate your subscription by clicking on the activation link that will be e-mailed to you. If you fail to do so, you subscription will be inactive) 


Delivered by FeedBurner