SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

September 28, 2012

HELP! I NEED SOMEBODY!


By  Krista  Manchuck.


There are a lot of things we can learn from little kids.
Naps are important.
Don’t hit.
You should treat others as you want to be treated,
Every day is a chance to learn and discover something new.
And the list goes on...

Something else I have learned from my son is how to ask for help. He has no problem asking for help when he needs it, and since he is a toddler, that is quite often. Still, he is unashamed in his requests. Of course, I have no problem helping- in fact, I enjoy it.
As “grown-ups” we often forget that we too need help from time to time, and working together is much easier than working alone. As a runner, I enjoy the alone time a run can provide in the midst of a hectic schedule, but it is almost always easier when I run with someone else. Although I am still physically bearing my own burden, the weight is shared. The run seems to go faster, and is more enjoyable when in good company.
Our society today has moved from togetherness- to separateness. We have our own tablets, ipods, and iphones. Instead of actually talking to each other, we text. Instead of meeting, we video-chat, instead of spending quality time, we check email, facebook, or twitter. But the fact cannot be denied- we need each other.
The Bible says in Ephesians, “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor. For if they fall, one can lift up his companion, but woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not easily broken.” (Ephesians 4:9-12)
The point is clear- two is better than one, and three is even better.
stop running alone, join a team...
There is strength in numbers.
Proverbs discusses the benefits of seeking advice from others who are wise- “For by wise counsel you will wage your own war, and in a multitude of counselors there is safety. (Proverbs 24:6) “Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established.” (Proverbs 15:22)
The scripture is clear- by seeking the help of others, we are guaranteed safety and success. How many times have you heard others say, “Two heads are better than one?” It’s true.
My marriage, my parenting, my running, my career, and even my relationship with God would be drastically different without the help and advice I receive from those who I have allowed to speak wisdom into my life. Without their wisdom, I would not be successful or strong in these areas. Asking for help can be hard, but we all need to learn to be like a child, and ask for help when we need it. If we seek help from those who truly care for us, those who have the heart of God, it will be their joy to stand alongside us and watch as our weaknesses turn to strengths.
If you need help...no, WHEN you need help (because you will,) ask a friend, ask a family member,ask a pastor, but first, ask God, because He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother*, and He’s bound to be the wisest of them all.

*Proverbs 17:17







Krista Manchuck, is passionate to encourage people through her blog  'Run for your Life'. Her spiritual experience and her love for running offer a brilliant mix of devotional thoughts and beautiful life lessons. If you wish to read and know more about Krista, please visit her blog: www.alwaysrunforyourlife.weebly.com

God Bless you.