SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 25, 2012

DREAM CATCHERS: 'JOIN THE LEGENDS'

Indian Dream catcher
 Hey everyone,

  Few years ago, when I created this blog, the only thing that came in  my mind was the famous name inspired by Stephen King in one of his books. And believe it or not, to this date I have yet to watch the movie or read the book.

The term 'Dream catcher' sounded very inspiring and 'vibey' to my ears, so I decided to use it just to name my blog. At first the term was meant to reflect some traits of my personality. I have a 'dreamer's character, and I dream every night...I know, those Dreams come from God.

When I named my blog, I attempted to describe who I am : ' A guy who is a constant dream recipient ( a dream catcher). As the years went by, I caught myself inspiring a lot of people, in one on one situations, and making them dream bigger. I found it so amazing that I simply decided to start online inspiration through this blog.

And one day, out of pure curiosity, I stumbled upon an article defining the term 'dreamcatcher'. The article, like many others, describes  a 'dreamcatcher' as being an Indian North American fetiche used to cast out nightmares and producing only good dreams during sleep time. The small object was placed closed to the sleeper as a protection against nightmares.

On the day  I discovered those articles, I felt really astonished. Something else came into  my mind:

' Could we act as Dreamcatchers towards others by inspiring them to dream big, excellence and purity?'

I am not saying that you have to swallow and/ or cast out the world's nightmares ( which could be very hard).

But you could be the source of hope, inspiration for your family, your peers, an unknown person, a friend, your society...People could  come under your shadow to receive the comfort inspiration offers. Just like the native american sleep under their dreamcatchers, people could find rest under the source of hope you could be. Just like dreamcatchers, You could have good dreams for them.

Martin Luther King Dreamed  for others.
Barack Obama's dream of becoming the first african american president was born when an other black man acted as a dreamcatcher in 1963 and said :' I have a Dream....' and that man was Martin Luther King (1929-1968), a man under whom oppressed  american black minorities found the comfort of hope for better days. More could be said about similar people such as Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, Churchill and so forth... Imagine the  constructive effect your life could bring in your society if you acted as a Dreamcatcher.

Even in the Bible,

Abraham story started with a Dream,
Joseph adventure started with a Dream,
So many great prophets and Kings saved the day , their people, their nations or their families because they had Dreams to share.

Don't underestimate the power of Dreams.

What is a Dream catcher?

'You could be one

 or

You can be one

or

You  are one.'

Choose your own response and God Bless you and even more if you chose to become a 'Dreamcatcher'.

Looking forward to be your  'Dreamcatcher'.

Maurice.