SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 25, 2016

Let's get some Wisdom part 1 (Teachings from Proverbs 8)

We all need sound judgment and knowledge for our day to day lives. I believe that many of the wrong decisions we take are caused by a lack of wisdom and understanding when faced with choices.

I have recently decided to embark you, my friend and reader into a series of messages inspired from the book of Proverbs chapter 8. Hopefully, while grasped into our soul, mind and spirit, those teachings will guide us into better decision making for the remaining days of lives.

The chapter 8 in the book of Proverbs present a very distinct and mysterious facet of Wisdom to such an extent that the writer actually 'personifies' Wisdom into a living character with expressive abilities. The same chapter describes Wisdom beyond a simple thing but more like a person. Such mystery should trigger curiosity in the mind of each one of us if we aim to gain Wisdom accompanied with all the good fruits contained in Her.

Proverbs chapter 8:1-4 reads:

'Does not wisdom call out?
Does not understanding raise her voice?

At the highest point along the way,
where the paths meet, she takes her stand;

beside the gate leading into the city,
at the entrance, she cries aloud:

“To you, O people, I call out;
I raise my voice to all mankind.


To all who believe that getting wisdom is difficult, let me tell you this: 'wisdom is always available.' As a matter of fact, Wisdom is so available to the point of raising Her voice. The choice is yours to abide to her principles and instructions.

Very often, when I travel from one city to another, I constantly get hear an inside voice giving me instructions and warnings on what to do and not what to do. It often happens when I find myself in an airport, a bus station or at the beginning of a city. I believe that many people reading this, also tend to hear the same voice giving them instructions as guidelines for the life they will have to adopt when entering new territories. The Bible says in Proverbs 8:3 that Wisdom shouts besides the gate leading into a city. That voice constantly whispering instructions is the voice of Wisdom.

Have you ever found yourself in front of a television watching the news, and while you were seated in front of your television set, there are images of people suffering from hunger and injustice caused by a wicked ruler. Suddenly a feeling of discomfort torments your soul and you can't keep saying inside yourself:

'This is not right, somebody's got to do something'

How did you get to know that something is wrong and needed a change?

In the book of Proverbs 8: 4, the Bible says that raises Her voice to all mankind without discrimination. Wisdom has been raising Her voice for centuries and has left information that allows you and I to know what is right and what is wrong. But there is a little catch...
Knowing something is not similar to practicing something.
There are people who know the right thing to do but refuses to do it. There are rulers who know the true meaning of justice,fairness, economic redistribution and yet they refuse to practice it. There are people who know that alcoholism leads to poverty and life damage and yet they choose not to be sober. There are people who understands that choosing long sleep over hard work  will lead to poverty and yet they prefer to remain glued on their beds all day long.I could recount several examples where the instructions of Wisdom are well known but not practiced.

Life experience has taught me that many people know what wisdom says... Embracing Wisdom and knowing Wisdom are two different things. Embracing Wisdom means being willing to seek ,find  and live with Her.
As an example, many people  might know you but they might not live with you. The whole world probably knows who Jesus is, but it does not mean that they all live with Him.

I can guarantee you that most people know what wisdom is. You have surely heard someone or yourself mention that kind of line:

'I wish I was wiser...'

Why do they say that? They surely mention it because they know what Wisdom is somehow...

Most people have a vague idea of what wisdom is, but do we all know how to get Wisdom?

To be continued....