SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

February 6, 2016

A very itchy subject:' sex'.

I was watching some movies yesterday and curiously most of the movies I watched  were stories related to characters who lived sexually devious lives.

All the movies I watched yesterday, had one common ending story:' A very bad end'.

I kinda wondered...but I am convinced that God wanted to speak to me about something to share with you.

                                                       
                                                     Can we talk about sex today?




I mean let's talk about it in a raw manner with the intention to educate each other.

In my entire existence, I have never met or heard about a sex craved person who had a beautiful ending...never.

I have never heard of a person who used sex beyond the limited boundaries of God and who ended well unless they repented.



In the Bible, Reuben, Jacob's first son, lost his first born right by sleeping with his father's concubine (Gen 35:22, Gen.49:3-4).
On the day Jacob was about to die, he told Reuben:...'You shall not excel'.
Reuben failed to control his sexual urges and it cost him dearly. I have never seen a man or a woman with a total lack of control for his/her sexual urges and yet be successful.
Even if that person hold a high ranking position, watch them closely; 'they tend to be average and live a life plagued with personal embarrassing scandals, and tormenting drama.'
They might have money or fame but the whole content is tied with torments and dramas.

Just like in Reuben story, sex consumed beyond the limits set by God, always create consequences. Those who lack sexual self control, also tend to deal with multiple consequences turning into enduring distractions.

Reuben collided with his father by lacking self-control:

A lack of sexual self control is more likely to promote clash between individuals. Sex beyond the limits set by God can turn a person into a 'homewrecker' and cause divorces, or it can also turn working environments upside down.
The King David once entered an adulterous affair with a married woman named Bathsheba...In the beginning, it seemed like some harmless fun until she got pregnant. To cover up the affair, David murdered her husband, but God punished him through an internal disrepute in his own family. You may find the story in 2 Samuel 11.

Now I know that many might say to me:

'Hey Maurice, but King Solomon was born out of the affair between David and Bathsheba.'

Okay, point taken. But if you read the whole story, there are not just heroes but victims as well. It is not funny for a man to have his wife impregnated by another man and then being killed by the very same man who stole his wife. There is no grace in that!
There is nothing graceful in seeing children growing under divorce because of a sexual affair.

Solomon, an example of grace?

I hear a lot of people talking about Solomon as an example of grace in shameful situation. Let's talk about Solomon in his entire picture without censor. It is important that we read the Bible stories in their entirety otherwise, we will fall for incomplete stories and assume stuff that are not true.
Solomon started very well; under his leadership Israel was respected and prosperous until he decided to have 700 wives and 300 concubines. Is that graceful?
The only reason why Israel felt from grace was because, Solomon did not control his sexual desires. The Bible says that those wives led him to worship idols and attract the curse of God.
Solomon started a line of disaster that lasted for centuries. You may read the story of Solomon from 1 Kings 2.



STDs are not the only problem:


We should not just believe that STDs are the only thing to be avoided. That's not true. There are thousands of dramas linked to sexual misbehavior:

'Ask the man who had to pay up to 2 millions dollars in child support,
'Ask the people who can't sleep because the blackmailing messages they receive out of their secret affairs,
'Ask the man who died without leaving a single penny to his legitimate children because of the multiple children had out of wedlock,
'Ask the children who grew up without knowing who their parents were,
'Ask that high profile executive who was forced to resign because of a sexual indiscretion,
'Ask the people who saw their weddings called off because of a 'sexcapade'...



Ask and they will tell you how they wish they controlled themselves.

I have never met a person who said:

'It was fun being blackmailed for my affair,
It was fun going to court for divorce and fighting for custody'


Paul mentions 'self-control' in Galatians 5:22, as a fruit of the spirit. If the Holy Ghost is in us, we have the fruit of self-control and we should make use of it.

Sex is good, very good...when used within the boundaries set by God:' Marriage'.