SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 30, 2015

Let's get rid of stress..and mind our own business!

Two weeks ago, my head got involved into a short mix match of emotions. It seemed very similar to a concoction of stress, anger and resentment.

I really felt like I was losing my head for a moment. I think it was mainly caused by a series of disappointments I was facing then.

Two weeks ago while walking in a street of a local township, enlightening questions surfaced in my head:

'Hey Maurice, why are you stressed?
Why are you into so many things?'

A sudden ray of lights took over me and made me realize the reason why so many of us might be going under depression or stress. I was doing so many things, and some of which I was not supposed to be doing. I took up battles that were not mine. And from the moment I realized that truth, I resigned myself from some activities I had started.



Then my joy came back and expelled any form of stress.

Have you ever wondered why you might be going through a lot of disappointments, stress or anxiety?

I will tell you why:

'In most cases, when someone is taken by stress , serious disappointments and high level of anxiety, it is because they think too much or/and they do too much. They think and do beyond what is required of them.'

Not all the wars or battles of life are yours. Know which one is your fight. As a matter of fact, Paul wrote:' fight the good fight of faith...' (1 Tim. 6:12). It implies that life might throw some fights that are not good for you. And if you decide on fighting the wrong battles, by doing too much, you will surely end up depressed.

When God  created our purpose, He also made us with abilities matching the fights included in our destiny. Not all fights in life are suitable for our abilities. Some life battles are unsuitable for the gifts that God has entrusted us with.

We see those things in our every day lives: 'pastors who are supposed to have a secular jobs, single people dating the wrong people, citizens living in the wrong cities, good people trying to solve every problem in the world with the wrong solutions...'

I don't mind people trying to be very helpful and picking all the fights of life but in the end of the day we got to ask ourselves whether it's part of our destiny and whether we are fighting the good fight.

Indeed, it would be very sad to realize at the end of your life, that you fought another man/woman's battle and overlooked your own destiny.
Because if we are not, then we are more likely to face disappointments, anxiety and stress.
Fighting the wrong life fights equals to getting involved in  businesses that does not concern us...

Unfortunately, some people are doing everything, they touch every thing, they think too much, and they do more than what their God given abilities enable them to do.

No wonder why some people think that men or women are stressful in relationship:' well, if you date everyone that comes your way, it becomes normal that you get stressed out by relationships.You've got to date the right ones...' ( I am just saying...)

Not all fights are yours. This is why you gotta know the directives God give you in your walk. Doing things that God did not ask you to do, can create stress in your life.

If God did not mandate you for a certain task, then why do it? If God does not approve of that specific task, it also means that He won't be with you, if you choose to pick the fight. And if God is not in that fight, you are on your own and you will have to fix things with your own solutions; now that's very stressful.

Stop doing things that are not meant for you.
Stop fighting the wrong battles. Sometimes you have to know where to stick your nose, it will reduce your stress level.
And stop thinking over the wrong fight!

If you saw yourself as a 'Cape crusader' who will save the entire world, I think it's time to resign from the position. In the body of Christ, you are a member within a team, and the others also have to play their parts.

Pick the right fight in your relationship, your career, ministry, family..in your entire life.

And let's boot away the stress from our lives.