On Sunday November 9 of 2014, Dr. Myles Munroe and his wife passed away in a plane crash while travelling to a leaders conference.
When I got the news on my e-mail, I was first shocked and kept wondering why God would allow such a tragedy on great preacher like him. It took me some hours to digest that bad news but after a while my mind changed.
I kept revisiting many of Dr. Myles Munroe's videos on youtube ...
While watching I realized that 'death' was not his greatest problem, but rather 'a life without purpose'.
After hours of wondering why such tragedy happened, I realized that his death was symbolic of his teachings and this is why:
1. Dr. Munroe believed that life without purpose is more tragic than death. A lot of humans live day by day without knowing what they were born for. Others know their purpose but fail to live it and they settle for lower life standard.
2. It does not matter how long you live, as long as you finish your race. Jesus was 33 when he went back to Heaven. At the cross, He did not say: 'I am finished' but He said: 'It is finished.' Jesus only needed 33 years to impact the world as He did.
Do you know your life vision? Will you finish it one day?
3. The cemetery is the wealthiest place in the world. Do you know why? Because it is full of dead people who took away things that never came to existence...They had dreams, championships, books, projects,skills...that never came to life while they were living...Things that were supposed to benefit us, but we will never see..The graveyard robs us every day...On the contrary, we should rob the graveyard by maximizing our time and productivity. We must die empty... As a matter of facts, it is possible that someone with the cure for AIDS and CANCER might have taken the secret with him/her in the grave by failing to bring to existence the scientific formula that would help the world.
If Dr. Munroe only needed 60 years and had done all the things he was supposed to do, then I can surely say that he has ran his race and Heaven is celebrating right now.
My heart goes to the families of all the deceased who died in that horrible accident.
And I thank the Lord for the lives of Dr Myles and Ruth Munroe who gave their all to teach people on how to live on purpose.

