What is the first thing most humans say when a dream or a vision comes to their souls?
80% of people having dreams and visions don't even bother to start them because they merely focus on what they don't have.
They like to say things like this: 'I wish I could realize this dream but:
'I don't have the right connections or,
'I don't have Brad Pitt's looks or,
'I don't have the speaking abilities or,
'I don't have money
'I don't have time'
In general, the human mind has a tendency to notice and focus on what is missing but neglects to appreciate what is available.
The Biblical passage of Judges 6:1-16, tells the story of young man called Gideon whom God has called to be a hero for his oppressed nation.On the day God appears , He commands Gideon to go with the strength he has but Gideon tries to remind God of how weak him and his family are.
Do you have a dream that stayed too long in your head because of a powerful focus given on the missing ingredients needed?
Today in this post, God is asking you one question. And I am asking you the same question:
'What do you have right now?' And don't say you have nothing, because there is always something available to start our life visions.
If you struggle to figure out how to start a dream while missing seemingly important ingredients, here is a four steps tactic that will solve your problems:
1. Cultivate gratefulness and acknowledgement: A heart that cultivates gratefulness and acknowledgement has the ability to notice what's available. Instead of focusing on lack and defaults, it will focus on presence and positive points. What do you have available at your reach? Stop thinking about what's missing, and start looking at what is present in front of you. So from now on, instead of saying: 'but I don't have...' , you will rather say: 'I have this and that..to start with'.
2. There are no rewards at meditating on what's missing, so stop worry yourself:
Jesus Himself asked : 'who of you has been able to add an extra hour to his life by worrying?'(Matthew 6:27)
I have news for you: 'by worrying on what you don't have, you are doing nothing constructive. Actually, in a better way of saying; the reason why so many can't start anything is caused by their focus (worry) on what's missing.They can't add an extra hour on their lives, they can't build anything constructive. So the best thing is to stop worry on the defaults and lacking stuff.
3. Give values to the small things:
In today's 'microwave generation', this is a very difficult step to achieve. Simply because most of us want everything big and we want them now!'
Therefore, when we look at some of the tools in our possession to stat our dreams, we tend to minimize them and underestimate their potential. Just like Gideon was talking about his family, just like Moses spoke about himself, just like Abraham wrote off his wife Sarah from bearing a child.
I think it's time to give value to the small things you have at your hands and start using them for your dream.
4. Live beyond the myth of money:
In my book 'How to start anything without (or with less) money' ,I have dedicated an entire chapter to a philosophical method aimed at reducing the power of money during financial lack. Here is a brief stint of my philosophy:
'Let's suppose that life is a big round cake. The same cake of life is the sum of various slices with different attributes and functions.The slices making the cake have different names, such as respect,love,courage,humility,prayer,intelligence and of course money.
Now, let's suppose that the slice of money is taken out of the cake...are we going to neglect the rest of the entire cake because of one slice missing? Not all! Was the whole cake made of the 'money slice'? No.
So it is with life...Your entire life is bigger than money and when money seems to be absent or missing, there are others slices to focus on.
And just to prove my point let me give you the names of the slices that can be useful to start your dream:
love,relationships,humility (to ask for help),courage,respects,honor...and so many other values that can help you get started on your dream. Money will come along the way one day.
I have observed so many successful people on this earth and I can't help ask myself those questions:
-Did you know that Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook in a student dorm room?What would have happened if Mark Zuckerberg had underestimated his dorm room and waited for a big office to start his work?
-Did you know that Google was created in a garage?
Go start your dream with what you have right now...yes you do have something right now.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like these ones:

