SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

October 31, 2013

Permissible or useful commitment? You decide.


Every thing is permissible, but not everything is useful. ( 1 Cor. 10:23)

What am I trying to say?

When you find your purpose in life and discover what you were meant to do in Christ, there are many commitments that should be left aside.

Some commitments are good but not necessarily contributing towards your full purpose. As a result they tend to keep us busy and create unuseful priorities.

So we tend to say things like: 'before I start my dream , I have first to finish this and that and later I will start my journey...'


Ok, what you are saying could be good. I am not saying that all commitments are bad. 

Some good commitments  are out of our line of purpose and  hold us back from being who we are really meant to be.

Those commmitments are permissible, they are often good but NOT useful.

Such commitments could vary from financial, work related, or  relationships.

Let's take an example:

' Engaging yourself towards a financial commitment on a bond, a car instalment or a credit card could be good for yourself. I have nothing against it. If the commitment contribute towards your purpose, then I greatlly encourage it. If that commitment creates an amount of pressure that distracts you from living your destiny, then you should definitely question it.The pressure could be so intense that it would have the power to dictate how you will live your life. That's why many are trapped into careers they hate. They just work because of the pressure created by a commitment they should have never taken at the first place.

' Engaging yourself in a relationship (  whether business, sexual or friendly) could be good for yourself. I have nothing against it. If that relationship contribute towards your true essence in Christ, then go for it. If it does'nt, then the relationship could be good but NOT useful. Good times will roll in until you decide to follow your dream. I guarantee you that at that moment , your relationship will be tainted with disputes and fights. There  are people who are stuck because their relationships ( spouse,lover, business partner,boss,colleagues, friends or familly...) would 'nt allow them to make moves...


There are several examples of good but unuseful commitments that would stop anyone to reach true essence in Christ. I know how dificult it is to break up from them. But sometimes when you are well prepared, you could take the courage to move out. Sometimes, when  wise enough, we should be able to discern the best commitments, and sometimes we should not be too proud to admit that some commitments are TOO much to handle and very risky to maintain; in that case, the best thing to do is to GIVE UP on them.

It's ok to give up on some commitments, especially when they bind us into a total lifeless hole...

You only live once, remember that.