SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

July 17, 2012

THREE OTHER WAYS TO START

 
 1. Take Risks:

      If you take the time to listen to very old people, whose lives have been marked by missed targets, one thing will keep on coming out of their mouths: 'I wish I had tried, I wish I had taken more risks'.  You see folks, fear has a strong ability to hold us down and inactive, and to bury our faith under the ground of excuses. I like the traditional saying that says ' Rather try and  fail, than failing to try', because if you don't try, you will never know the truth, and by experience ,  a soul that remains within the confinement of ignorance ( not knowing the truth) is subject to timeless remorse. You are only brave in the presence of fear. A coward is the one who remains in the comfortable house of fear, while
the Brave is the one who feels the fear but overcomes  and acts above it. There are a lot of people out there who remain in the same boring life because they never wanted to take risks. Beat your fears, rise above them. Stop analyzing and worshiping your fears because almost everything has an element of risks. Just name one thing from relationship, dating, entrepreneurship, finance, faith.,travel, everything has risks...By the way, the Bible  quotes that ' cowards don't deserve (need) God's protection'. I think the best advice I can give you to overcome your fear, is to imagine yourself in a close future and how your life could negatively be affected by remorses simply for not taking  risks. Also ask yourself this question: ' How more beneficial life could be if I take the risks? Or how worse it could turn If I don't? Whether you succeed or not, you 'll soon find out that it was worth trying, because at the end there will be no ' What if?'

But remember: "only take risks for things that are morally worth living and not for evil realizations"


2. Create Space

  Sometimes the greatest obstacle facing the habit of starting a Dream is our busy daily routine. We almost all know the saying:

- I am too busy for a relationship, too busy to have this holiday, to start  this business, to start a family, to study, and so on...
But in the same time those people are crying to see their lives swimming into their desires. Create space!!! Look, I have to be very practical on this point:' there are several things that you will need to remove from your busy schedule ( either fully or partially). As long as you attach yourself with those heavy weights on your back, you might never see your dreams come to life.

I like what Paul wrote in his letters to the Corinthians, recorded in the Bible:

'You say:" I am allowed to do anything -but not everything is good for you, 
You say "I am allowed to do anything -but not everything is beneficial.

Think for yourself . 

On the contrary, there are some people who are passively busy, and this is a point where I feel compassionate because of my past experiences related to passivity. I describe the stage  of passivity as a state lacking any form of energy and often born out of grief. The very passive person and the very active person are both  busy; one at something and the other at nothing.

   I remember again losing all my energy following the death of my mother years back,she was only 57. There were days when I could  not get up of bed and sometimes spent over 14 hours lying on it, starring at my bedroom ceiling...You see, a state of grief can get an affected person very busy at nothing by meditating on their loss. And I just don't mean death loss, it could also be through other forms of loss such as job loss, being dumped, getting divorced, losing parental custody and so on... One thing that often comes in mind is:'...then WHAT DO I DO?'

 Let me say this:' The full acceptance of what is lost (gone) in the midst of grief is the point of departure for a positive move. Yes it is right to honor the memory of who we lose by remembering them, but we do not honor them by sinking into any forms of depression(alcohol, drug, inertia..). It is not time that heals wounds, but what you do with time. A positive move calls for adjustments'

I am not forcing you to act fast, because you are entitled to take your time at grieving, I know how it feels...
DONT BE LEFT OUT AND RECEIVE YOUR WEEKLY INSPIRATION
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


3. Must vs. Should


 Ever told yourself : ' I should be doing this, I should be acting this way, I should be running this thing,I should be paying this, I should, I should I should should should...' But why don't you do it?

On the opposite, there are actions that you commit yourself to, simply because you have to do them or you MUST  do them. What's happening in the mind of a long time smoker who wished to quit and suddenly, on doctor's advice, quits smoking?'
The former smoker simply switched its mind from a ' should-state of mind to a must-state of mind'. In many cases, procrastinators switch into a must-state of mind through reaction. In the example I mentioned about the 'cigarette quitter' , there is a reaction process. The doctor diagnosed him and analysed a severe risk. The smoker realises the danger of losing his life, and understands that he must quit smoking.

Ooops! I think I better do it
This case reminds me of a Biblical prophet, named  Jonah  who would not accept the mandate that God gave him for some personal reasons, until his refusal led God to throw him into the stomach of a whale. Only then, he decided to realise his mandate. And there are so many people like Jonah who will only start when their backs are against the wall in unforeseen circumstances. But I got good news: 'It does not have to be like that'.
Condition your mind into the' must' by applying the formula of the little things (refer to my previous blog) and get moving now!


God Bless you and stay connected for the e-books resources coming up soon!

Maurice Kande.


Related posts you might like :' Make a start with little things'
                                                  'Start anything without money'