SUBSCRIBE VIA E-MAIL

SUBSCRIBE,Enter your email address to subscribe and I will send you life changing messages in your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner

January 19, 2017

Two lessons learned from a bank visit

A few weeks ago, I went to my local bank in order to create a specific investment products. As I came in, a consultant sat me down, went through all the paperwork with me and we agreed to invest a specific amount that would start my portfolio.
Unfortunately, I was not able to start my investment since there was an amount of money in my account which needed to be cleared. As a result, I needed to wait for few more days. Just before leaving the bank, I asked the consultant to give me a list of all the investment products available with their interests payments.

I took the documents at home and spent  time to read it in its entirety. After my read, I realized that there were investments products much more better than the one I intended to take originally. 
Two weeks later, I returned to the bank with a changed mind and chose two more suitable products, better than the one I intended to have originally.



As days passed by, I grasped two important lessons from my experience:

1. A closed door is an opportunity to explore better avenues:  

When I tried to open my first investment account,  a problem occurred. But by returning home with documents offering other investments avenues, the same closed door offered me more avenues to explore.
This lesson could be very relevant to anyone because as I am typing this message, we have already passed the 15 of January. And by this time, most people have already given up on their resolutions, some have seen doors being closed...but a closed door gives you an opportunity to increase your curiosity towards alternatives routes.

Maybe you had planned for something great at the start of the year and suddenly everything shut down...don't despair because your life is bigger than the door which has just shut in front of you. And when you realize that your life is bigger than the lover who dumped you, than the retrenchment you have faced, than the crisis or the closed door in front you; once you realize how large your life is, then your curiosity will lead you to explore other avenues.

Remember: 'God makes everything work for the good of those who love Him...' (Romans 8:28)


2.Read, read and take the time to read:

By reading the documents I took  home from the bank, I have increased my financial knowledge in my favor.

Do you know how many treasures you can find in life just by reading daily? Do you take the time to read your offered contracts? Do you read the small prints? Do you read newspapers? Good books? Do you read your Bible on a daily basis?

The other day, I was reading the Book of Ecclesiastes 11:1-2 and it tells us what a wise person does:

'Invest your money in foreign trade, and one of these days you will make a profit. Put your investments in several places—many places even—because you never know what kind of bad luck you are going to have in this world.'

The wise person invests...If you read your Bible, you will also realize that there are economic and personal finance guidelines involved.

Read and read.

Keep the tide.