So after asking God for wisdom, one might really be curious to know if he/she really has received it.
Jesus said:
'Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.'
(Mark 11:24)
After asking for wisdom in prayer, believe that you have received it.
The valid question that someone may ask is: 'How do I know that I have received Wisdom from God?'
First of all, if you have faith then you have received it. I understand that many may want to see fruits and it is a fair expectation, just like the pregnant woman would like to see signs of her pregnancy.
In the book of 1 Kings 3:1-15, King Solomon prays for Wisdom and subsequently from verse 16, signs or fruits of his wisdom get manifested through his judgement,leadership,knowledge. If you receive wisdom from God, signs of the same wisdom should be manifest but there is a gradual order.
I say 'gradual order' because Wisdom has a beginning. The Bible says that the 'Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom' (Proverbs 9:10). The 'Fear of the Lord' should be the first sign showing your wisdom.
Proverbs 8:13 says: 'To fear the Lord is to hate evil...', in other words 'to fear God is to love righteousness or what is right to the eyes of God.'
The only way for yourself and the people around you to see the wisdom of God you have received, is through your fear for the Lord in your lifestyle.
The first sign is only visible by application. I say this because many know what wisdom commands but don't apply it. Wisdom is not some sort of information aimed at being stored in our heads but it has to come out and bear fruits and the foundational fruit is the fear of the Lord. If you attempt to remove the Fear of the Lord from your the wisdom received, then you will end up like Solomon who had all the knowledge but ended up worshiping others gods.
Fearing God is a full time lifestyle and we can not have some days where fear God and some other days where we don't feel like fearing Him. Solomon started well but ended up mixing his lifestyle with ungodly choices.
The Fear of the Lord refers to a great respect, awe and submission towards the Lord.
The big question which will lead me into my next post goes as follow: ' How do I get to show, respect,awe and submission to the Lord ?'
God bless you.
Jesus said:
'Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.'
(Mark 11:24)
After asking for wisdom in prayer, believe that you have received it.
The valid question that someone may ask is: 'How do I know that I have received Wisdom from God?'
First of all, if you have faith then you have received it. I understand that many may want to see fruits and it is a fair expectation, just like the pregnant woman would like to see signs of her pregnancy.
In the book of 1 Kings 3:1-15, King Solomon prays for Wisdom and subsequently from verse 16, signs or fruits of his wisdom get manifested through his judgement,leadership,knowledge. If you receive wisdom from God, signs of the same wisdom should be manifest but there is a gradual order.
I say 'gradual order' because Wisdom has a beginning. The Bible says that the 'Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom' (Proverbs 9:10). The 'Fear of the Lord' should be the first sign showing your wisdom.
Proverbs 8:13 says: 'To fear the Lord is to hate evil...', in other words 'to fear God is to love righteousness or what is right to the eyes of God.'
The only way for yourself and the people around you to see the wisdom of God you have received, is through your fear for the Lord in your lifestyle.
The first sign is only visible by application. I say this because many know what wisdom commands but don't apply it. Wisdom is not some sort of information aimed at being stored in our heads but it has to come out and bear fruits and the foundational fruit is the fear of the Lord. If you attempt to remove the Fear of the Lord from your the wisdom received, then you will end up like Solomon who had all the knowledge but ended up worshiping others gods.
Fearing God is a full time lifestyle and we can not have some days where fear God and some other days where we don't feel like fearing Him. Solomon started well but ended up mixing his lifestyle with ungodly choices.
The Fear of the Lord refers to a great respect, awe and submission towards the Lord.
The big question which will lead me into my next post goes as follow: ' How do I get to show, respect,awe and submission to the Lord ?'
God bless you.

